Currently looking to fill 12 positions for the following:
- Firefighter/Paramedic (preferred)
Following the Alamo Area Fire Chiefs Association’s testing process, we will be hiring for open positions:
- In order to be eligible for consideration, you must attend one of the testing dates for the exam or have taken the test prior to these dates. The dates are August 11th August 12th. The website for test registration is alamoareafirechiefs.com, you will need to fill out the registration form under the POSITIONS AVAILABLE tab.
If interested in employment with District 7 ESD, please visit d7fr.org and download an application and background check form which is located under the Careers Tab Please include a copy of all of your Fire Fighter Certificates (Basic Fire Firefighter or Higher & EMT OR Paramedic Certificates) and driver’s license with your application, these forms are do no later than August 15, 2017. This is a requirement.
The following are required for AAFCA exam eligibility:
- Minimum 19 years of age.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Hold a valid Texas Driver’s License
- Texas Department of State Health Services certified EMT-Basic or above; or currently enrolled in EMT-Basic (or above) training program within three months of course completion.
The base salary for entry level positions is as follows:
- Firefighter / EMT Basic $33,000 Annually
- Firefighter / EMT Intermediate $35,750 Annually
- Firefighter / Paramedic $45,000 Annually ($41,250 Probationary / 6 Months)
- Paramedic Only $42,260.63 Annually (Increase once Fire Cert is Obtained to Firefighter / Paramedic Salary)
- Retirement TCDRS at 7% with 2.5:1 Matching
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Provided 100% for the Employee with Family Plans Available at the Employees Expense
Nathan Lafield, Captain Esteban Marquez, Captain
A-Shift Operations B-Shift Logistics